Print Thread
G
griffy2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Hi,
I have been for sometime helping trainees navigate through the various mirc windows to ensure they are filled out correctly and I have been using a messenger to type text because when the window in Mirc is up,each chatter cannot text chat until the window is down. Looses its purpose then. I have booted up a second mirc and the newbie does the same, and don't connect that one to the server. So my question is:
Is there be a way to drop down the windows and explain them by texting in the channel at the same time? With one mirc booted up and not using a messenger? Once the windows are correctly filled out the newbie can run the mirc program well.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There are some dialog windows that don't prevent you from typing in a channel window, but I have found these completely by accident, and didn't make notes as to which one's they are. Personally the option to minimize a set-up dialog box so that one can help someone else configure mIRC gets my vote.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
If the channel/query window has been set to be a desktop window (right-click the chan/query in toolbar/switchbar and pick "Desktop", maybe temporarily while you get instructions), it's possible to type to that window and keep e.g. mIRC options open at the same time.

Being able to go the other way arround - set the options dialogue to be a desktop dialogue (minimize box) - could be a useful feature none the less.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If you're talking about the options dialog, it's modal, meaning mIRC is not accessible when it's opened. This is mostly an arbitrary decision, but it's based on the way option dialogs are expected to behave in windows, so it's probably more helpful to newbies than not. If you really need to bypass this behaviour, use the suggestion above and make the channel a desktop window and return it back when you're done.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard