mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
U
Ugnius Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
U
new mirc legacy check also take a posibility to chek what (registred user) fromwhere ( ip adress ) and when ( time cheked ) used mirc ai thing its to lot info for mirc creator ... Even mirc is great program smile sory my inglish not very wel ...

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To my knowledge, mIRC only checks to see if the registration information is valid. I don't believe the IP address and time are checked/recorded for this purpose. It makes sense that this is the case, as I have had several different IP addresses, due to different IP providers as well as the fact that the addresses are dynamic, and mIRC has only checked the registration site once since I installed mIRC.

mIRC only checks the registration information due to the number of key generators and/or fake keys that have shown up.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I'm not sure really what the big privacy issue is here. mIRC only performs the check when you register the installation so Khaled only gets this information once. I'm not really sure what value you think that information has anyway. If it really bothers you even for that one time when you do register you can use a proxy or a service like Tor to mask your real IP, leaving Khaled with only the time you registered which truly has no value to anyone at all.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard