mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
When someone changes their USERINFO I see they did this on the status window, but I don't see it on the @debug window. How can I extract this info that is coming across the status window? It's not showing up on the @debug window so I can't use a raw server command to capture and perform a task on it.

I registered; you should too.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What userinfo are you talking about? Anything that comes from the server *will* be thrown in @debug- if it's not in the debug window then the information you're looking at is not from the server, it's either local info from mIRC or a script you're using. You'd need to provide more info on what this info is.. paste a sample?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
It might be possible somewhere in your script you have an echo that outputs it and you did not put a /halt at the end of it.

A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Allow me to remind you that I'm on a heavily modified IRC server.

The USERINFO (i.e. applekid USERINFO now available to chat.') is listed just as that w/o any prefix.

It is definately not showing up in the @debug window.

So there has to be some way to filter lines of text in the status window and do things to them.

Here is an exact C&P:

LATINTIGER USERINFO 755234_732982 say hi ...juss here chilln ... http://www.myspace.com/latintiger

Okay, it appears that when a user changes their user info, it is broadcasted. So how do I 'capture; this info so that I can use it.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Perhaps you can try this and see if it still shows up in your status:

Code:
ctcp ^*:USERINFO*:*: { haltdef }

or
Code:
raw USERINFO:*: { halt }

Last edited by Tomao; 23/06/08 05:41 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
No matter how modified the irc server is, mIRC doesn't do any discrimination on the incoming data for the debug window-- everything should be echo'd there no matter what it is. Can you show the @debug contents around the time you get that message?

USERINFO is indeed a CTCP message, so you might try a CTCP like Tomao suggested-- it might also be hidden as such in your debug log. are you sure youre not using a script thats messing with the output?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
I added something to see if I can catch it, The thing is, I don't knwo when it'll pop up cause it's controlled by when another user changes their userinfo. I'll watch it for a while and see what happens.

Okay it's definately coming from the server when another user changed their USERINFO, but it's not showing up on @debug. It's like that person's program is letting everyone on the room know that they changed their USERINFO. It does not let people know outside of the room.

So how can I take the USERINFO fro the status window and user it.

A
AWEstun Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Originally Posted By: Tomao
Perhaps you can try this and see if it still shows up in your status:

Code:
ctcp ^*:USERINFO*:*: { haltdef }

or
Code:
raw USERINFO:*: { halt }

The second one (raw) is showing the USERINFO line from the status window. I replaced the 'halt' with 'echo 4 -s 1: $1-' Although it's not showing the user name, like it does in the status window.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Code:
raw USERINFO:*: { echo 4 -s 1: $1- | halt }

Code:
raw *:*: {  
  If (!$window(@Debug)) { window -C @Debug -1 -1 760 280 Lucida Sans 12 }
  else { echo 4 @Debug $1- | halt }
}

You can also use this method to get all the raw events into your debug this way

Last edited by Tomao; 23/06/08 11:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard