mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#200920 14/06/08 08:16 PM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
S
Rite now mIRC has two modes, Normal and compact, I'd like to see a third mode for bots only, basically remove all of the client-type features, and leave just the scripting engine for the bot to run off.

It would be good for several reasons, like it wont have all of the client over-head slowing down the evaluation process on the bot.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
While it sounds like a good idea in theory, I don't think you realize how much of the scripting language is tied directly to the interface, including /echo, /msg, and just about every event.

This has actually been suggested before but worded in different ways: things like "make mIRC compile scripts to exe" or "allow me to use the script language without mirc.exe" come to mind. Both of these are unrealistic, because mIRC's scripting language and the client are one and the same. The language would have to be completely rewritten to be fully decoupled from the UI. I personally think there are more important things on Khaled's plate right now.

If you want to write a bot that needs no UI you should consider using a better language for the task, like Tcl or Python/Ruby. mIRC's scripting language is built to enhance the client, not the other way around.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard