mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Okay, so I have this very weird problem. When I send files to someone manually, I always get 70/80kb/s. However, when someone makes use of the @get script I have for my music, the speed never reaches higher than 10kb/s.

I'm using this script:
Code:
ON 1:TEXT:@get:*:/dcc send -cl $nick $+(",$dde(mPlug,var_fn),")

It's in combination with AMIP. I have also tried to use -l0, but that doesn't seem to help either.

Could anyone please help me out with this?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Are you trying to limit the speed or release it?

/dcc send -n <<===== releases the speed to its max CPS

while

/dcc maxcps N <<===== Alters the dcc send CPS to a max manual value

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Ah, I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough in my post. But yes, I am trying to release the speed, since sending mp3 files with 8kb/s isn't exactly a good thing. smile

Anyway, I'm using the -n switch now, and the only thing it does it quadruple the speed. I've increased my Max CPS from 8192 to 32768, but that doesn't help either.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
TO my knowledge dcc send -n releases any caps that are currently set, therefore if speed should appear not right it probably the end user on other end suffering speed or you might be download stuff or uploading something perhaps that is decreasing your speed

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
set MAX Cps to 0 (zero) to utilize all your available bandwidth .. and remember, you can only send as fast as they can receive. If they're getting more than one file (or opening web pages, email, etc.) that takes up part of their available bandwidth.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard