Print Thread
S
silimon Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Is this feasible?

I'm aware that splay will let you queue waves, but this only waits for the last wave to finish before playing. I'd like to be able to play several sounds that overlap each other.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
/splay -q filename.ext will queue that file so that it plays when the current file is done. Without -q, you should be able to overlap them just fine. If you're looking into mixing it can be done using timers and such. Its a bit of a pain to do properly, but it can certainly be done.

Yar
S
silimon Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Maybe it's my integrated sound chip, but it stops playing the current sound being played in order to play the next one. No overlap at all.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Feasible... yes, but, to my knowledge, not using mIRC, or at best, requiring mulitple instances of mIRC running simultaneously, as, I believe, mIRC will only play one sound at a time, so if you want to hear more than one you'd have to play each sound on an instance of mIRC.

Personally I think this isn't appropriate for mIRC as there are other programs that are capable and even meant to have this ability.

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
It will play .wav and .mp3/.wma files indenpendently. I.E. Play a .wav while it plays an .mp3 or .wma. Midi files may also be independent too but who uses those anymore.

Originally Posted By: RusselB
Personally I think this isn't appropriate for mIRC as there are other programs that are capable and even meant to have this ability.

Honestly, why shouldn't mIRC let the user decide. I mean this makes sense for default behaivor. But what if the user uses breif .mp3 files for event sounds, but doesn't want it to stop playing .mp3 encoded song he is listening too?

All audio mixing is done by the operating system. Sound hardware doesn't really matter.

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Originally Posted By: silimon
Maybe it's my integrated sound chip, but it stops playing the current sound being played in order to play the next one. No overlap at all.

Same thing happens here, so it's not your sound chip.

I registered; you should too.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's by design currently, but you might consider requesting it as a new feature in the feature request forum.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
u can use the fmod dll(theres a mIRC version on picwin.tk and prob mircscripts.org)

This is not the signature you are looking for

Link Copied to Clipboard