mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#200119 28/05/08 02:40 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Basically, when I'm testing scripts that I'm making, I generally have 2 copies of mIRC running. This is normally fine, but again, since I upadted to 6.32 everytime I open or close the scripts editor on one, the other pops up a message that "vars.ini" has changed. And do I want to load it from disk... vars.ini is the same... so I don't understand why its complaining.

Is there a way of turning the warning message off?

Cheers

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 28/05/08 02:41 PM.
TTSpazmo #200120 28/05/08 02:48 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

You can disable it by opening the script editor and in the Options menu, click 'Monitor File Changes'

This is happening because although you're running two separate mirc instances, they're most likely sharing the same settings folder ($mircdir) and settings file ($mircini) which you could find out by typing the following in both...

//echo -a $mircdir | echo -a $mircini

You can make one of them use it's own settings file by closing mIRC and create a txt file in that mIRC folder and name it mirc.ini and then start mirc. Note that after you do this it will be a clean install and all settings for this copy will be reset to default. The settings for the other copy however, will still be there as it will still be using the old settings file.

Also, read the following from versions.txt, which is what you're experiencing...

16/08/2007 - mIRC v6.3

Changes:
20. For Vista compatibility, new installations of mIRC now save all
settings in the User's "Application Data\mIRC" folder by default.

However, if the installer or mIRC find mirc.ini in the same folder
as mirc.exe they will use the mirc.exe folder for all settings.
Users installing over an old version of mIRC should therefore see
no change in behaviour.

The installer is now also aware of administrator and standard user
accounts and installs mIRC accordingly.

RoCk #200123 28/05/08 03:07 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Well I've unchecked the the "Monitor file changes" and it seems to have done the trick.

And about the sharing thing, yes, they would be using the same files etc, because I just opened the mirc.exe again.

Link Copied to Clipboard