mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#200087 27/05/08 11:50 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Well I updated to mIRC 6.32 a few days ago, and when I installed it, I installed it to "C:/Program Files/mIRC 6.32" but whenever I try to load a remote script or alias etc (Using "File -> Load") it always goes to "C:/Documents and Settings/Oli/Application Data/mIRC"... and whenever a remote script creates a new file etc. it is created there... not in the directory that I installed mIRC to... =/

Is there a way that I can change this?
Have I just missed something when installing?
Or is this a bug?

Cheers in advance for any help wink

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It's intentional.

Put an empty/default mirc.ini (the one from your appdata dir if you want) into the mIRC exe directory and mIRC will work like it used to pre-6.3.

//copy $qt($mircdirmirc.ini) $qt($nofile($mircexe) $+ mirc.ini)

Note that using the one from your application data dir might keep your application data\ settings like the log directory, script directory, etc. You can use a default one by doing:

//write -c $qt($nofile($mircexe) $+ mirc.ini)

Make sure you restart mIRC for these to work.

Note that in Vista an application cannot write to the Program Files\ directory (by default) so this was partially the reason for the change... it was also done to support multiple user account settings.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
But I installed it to "C:/Program files/mIRC 6.32" which si where the mirc.exe is, and where i'm running it from... and it still does it =/

edit: ty for the quick reply btw :P

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 28/05/08 12:03 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It's intentional behaviour. By saving settings within your user folder it allows multiple users on a single computer to have their own settings instead of having to share them as in previous versions. mIRC still supports the old way of doing things for those that prefer it, you just have to create a mirc.ini file in the installation directory as argv0 said.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You need to have the mirc.ini file in that same directory.
If it's not there and you have mIRC open, close mIRC, then copy the mIRC.ini file to "C:/Program files/mIRC 6.32", then re-open mIRC.

That should resolve the problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard