mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#19995 18/04/03 06:41 PM
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I am running Win XP and have the lastest version of mIRC. I cannot get any servers to recognize my identd, which limits my access to some of them. As an example, liberty.nj.us.dal.net lets me connect but doesn't recognize the identd server mIRC runs. I went through the instructions posted here to enable the Win XP firewall so it can use identd and DCC, but I hadn't had it enabled in the first place. I have even tried using an external identd service, but that doesn't work either. What is the problem?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Are you on a NAT gateway? Behind a router? Any other firewall software?

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
Actually, now that you ask, I figured out the problem. I am indeed on a router, and I had thought I was in a DMZ. However, at some point my computer's IP had changed, so the DMZ was on another computer on the network. I changed the DMZ back to my computer and now Identd works. However, I'd like to ask: how do I set up the router's firewall so that I can use mIRC and identd without having to be in a DMZ, which is pretty insecure? Do I just set some ports open? Which ones?

Z
zac Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
Forward port 113 to your machine.

D
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
D
Try look here IRC & XP .... if that dont help you try click to other links in menu

Last edited by druid; 27/04/03 09:12 PM.

--
http://www.globirc.net
irc.globirc.net

Link Copied to Clipboard