mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
please tell me what happen? before i reinstall windows xp pro service pack 2 i'm get full download speed when sender or bot is free slot

but after i reintall window my mirc gone then i download new version from this site install and use it my speed not high ass before no matter how fast or freeslot of bot,sender

my max speed is 108kb/s i ask this because i'm notice when the same time in everyday that i get max speed before use this version (this version speed is very stable but it not max speed)

but this version at the same time it not max speed just half 45kb/ (but download 3 or more file it can fullspeed like 2*45 or 4*25)

what i want is download 1 file at max speed

p.s. turnoff firewall don't work, download from internet at maxispeed, not registered yet, and test every channel/bot that i downloaded before

and i know download speed is depending on bot speed or sender

i don't know what to do

or just my imagine?(but 3 day after use this version i'm never get max speed)

Last edited by ichigo2830; 18/05/08 12:43 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC does not limit your bandwidth (upload or download). Chances are that when you reinstalled Windows, you changed some setting (or the installation did) and that's the cause. Either that or the sender(s) have lowered their bandwidth or added additional slots or simply are sending faster to others such that you cannot get the full speed.

Keep in mind that DCC is far from the best download method. You're much better off using something that is meant for downloading, such as P2P programs or FTP or HTTP.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
then anyone please tell me where're channel that can test downloadspeed

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
To my knowledge, there aren't any IRC channels for doing this, however, there are internet websites for this. The one I use is at speedtest.cogeco.net/

A couple of alternatives are Speedtest.net and DSL Reports.com

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Any channel with a server can allow you to test it, or just ask someone with a fast connection to send you something to test it with.

As far as speed test sites, they tend to be very inaccurate. You can get a *general* idea if you compare speeds from many sites and get an average, but it's still not very accuate.

And, in the end, it doesn't really matter. You can't really change your speed (other than changing ISPs or plans), so you have to take what you can get.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
but before i reinstall windows and use mirc new version i can download with 108kb/s from mirc too

if i never get speed like that i will not make this topic

Link Copied to Clipboard