mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#19894 18/04/03 01:16 AM
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
V
confused I am nowhere near a programmer, I just started learning mIRC and VB6. I know the importance of declaring Variables in VB6 as in some cases in mIRC. However, I am mainly, as of now anyway, having trouble locating the file/script/whatever in mIRC that defines the access levels and their names. I downloaded a pre-beefed up version of mIRC, and well, the access levels' names are different. Even though I know what they are called I can't find them to change them or add more. Where are the access level declarations, and if possible, could someone give me a url where I can get a tutorial (good one for average computer users) on access levels? If not a standard one for mIRC users will do but I'll still need something thats real simple. All these variables and $'s and %'s are confusing me real bad. And fair warning, I'm not good with computer terms and definitions so if anyone decides to help me plz remember I am not too bright in computer terminology. Thanks ahead of time to anyone who helps.

#19895 18/04/03 01:21 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
type /help ..... it opens up a very nice help center for your mirc ... defines all the variables and what they are used for and how to use them as wel ...... also mircscripts.org has some tutorials as well on how do make some simples scripts

D3m0nnet.com
#19896 18/04/03 03:24 PM
N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
The list can be accessed by clicking the Users tab in the script editor window of mIRC. For help on it, just type: /help access levels

#19897 19/04/03 12:11 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Thanks but thats not what I was askin. Sorry I have difficulty being clear on most things. Went to mircscripts.org couldn't really find what I was lookin for. What I need is direct help of a good good good site for it. I didn't try the /help but if it's anything like the /mirc command I won't get any help on it that I can understand. Thanks peoples but thats not what I needed. I'll check mircscipts.org again but I'm doubtful. In the meantime I WILL try the /help thing. All I really need is a way to find the file where the access levels are defined. If I can find that I should be ok figuring out the code and doing what I need. Thanks again for all ur help and any help in the future.

#19898 19/04/03 12:17 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
type exactly /help access levels

that should define the levels well enough for u to understand

D3m0nnet.com
#19899 19/04/03 10:11 AM
N
Naz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Access levels are generally defined within the scripts themselves with either a number or a name for the level, not in a seperate file.

on 5:text:sometext:#mychannel:commands

on friend:text:sometext:#mychannel:commands

the red text being the access level.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
#19900 19/04/03 04:57 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
if i get what they are saying basically they downloaded a "script"
for example Peace and Protection and they cant figure out what the user levels are for it .

Link Copied to Clipboard