mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
Sometimes (about once a month) when I am receiving a file from someone via DCC, my entire ADSL connection gets cut off. Not just the IRC server, but even regular web access goes off. I need to reboot my PC to regain internet access.

I noticed that this is prone to happen when the file transfer speed is very fast. Should I cap the dcc speed? I'm on a 10Mbps broadband plan, how many cps is that?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can cap it if you want to. It's possible your router doesn't handle really fast speeds all that well or you may even be running into a Windows problem. I know years ago when I ran certain P2P software and mIRC and the same time, that would happen occasionally. Since I don't run that any longer, I don't know if it still happens. You may also be experiencing a socket problem in Windows. I know that I had that problem (not just when using DCC) if I had ICS enabled in Vista.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

There is no option in mIRC to cap DCC get speed, only sends. And that 10Mbps (1220KBps) is your downstream (receive), you're upstream (send) is probably 1Mbps (122KBps).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There isn't a mIRC option, but you can use other programs, such as NetLimiter to control all bandwidth used by your computer. And if that's a Comcast 10mbit conntection, the actual speed is more likely to be 768kbit upload.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
I have intalled a new mirc and did not load any script. The send problem as explained in my original explanation still exist.
Any idea of what could be the cause
Thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard