When I try to connect to mIRC, I receive this msg:
* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
* Connect retry #1 irc.gamesurge.net (6667) (dns pool)
When I check my connections I see this (my ip blanked out obviously, the columns with 0 = "bytes in", while the other would be "bytes out"):
Some background information:
1. It happened after I went on vacation and came back after a week (hence no settings changes).
2. I'm in a university network. Access to the network is via a network point in the wall, yet after contact with the network administrator it appears they aren't blocking my point/the site and it appears to be a problem isolated to my com.
3. Doesn't seem to be a malware problem but if you like I can post a hijackthis log.
4. Apparently not a firewall problem/antivirus problem because disabling them doesn't seem to have any effect.
5. I can still use the internet freely.