mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
my scripts no longer work on the new version...or I just don't know how to alter them after I downloaded. I just want to make my color constant instead of using ctrl K. Any help is appreciated. thnx

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It's unusual for all scripts to stop working with an updated version of mIRC. Did you do a Full install, or an Update?
If you did a full install, then your scripts should still work, but you have to reload them.
If you did an update, then there's something else wrong.

Regarding colors, try using Alt+K

G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Well I did load them and the right click menus work fine...except when I go to use one it shows up as _1,8:)_ _8,4:)_ _1,13:)_ _11,2:)_ _0,1:)_ _5,7:)_ _1,15:)__11,5_ _4,9:)_ _13,11:)_ _11,4:)_ _12,11:)_ _11,5:)_ _5,11:)_ _8,6:)_ _0,2:)_ _1,9:)_ _4,8:)_ and not the colored texk like it was in my previous version of mirc. Does /say still work in 6.31?

Also I have a color script and I type /cr to bring up the box to input my colors, but that box will not let me click ok/close so I have to x out of it

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, /say works in 6.31. You'd have to show the script that isn't working to get much in the way of help. That said, one of the most common causes of a script no longer working when upgrading to 6.3 or 6.31 is not having the right number of ()'s on IF statements and similar commands.

Previously, something like:

Code:
  if ((this == that) { do this }

... would work. Noting the missing ). That kind of error will no longer work in 6.3 and 6.31. That's just a common cause of scripts not working when they used to. It may not be your problem, but it might give you an idea of what to look for. In the end, a script no longer working is going to most likely be some error/bug in your script that was ignore in older versions of mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
This is my entire script...used to know what I was looking at.

[snipped]

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Perhaps you should be contacting the person who wrote this script and ask them why it would not be working, they might have more insight than us. Perhaps this is a known issue with a known fix. If anybody would know it would be the author, hopefully.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Yea, no idea who the author is. I got all my scripts from another person that was using them a few years ago and now he is loooong gone. Ahh foo...

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
No offense, but the script above is 'half-baked' in style, and not worth fixing as imho you can replace it with ease - You'll find plenty of similar 'coloured popups stuff' by strolling some script-hosting webpages.

Link Copied to Clipboard