Print Thread
#197717 13/04/08 01:57 AM
A
Aloriia Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
First i'd like to point out that i'm new to using Mirc, and second i'm running v6.31 with NoNameScript.

I've recently become a irc cop on a new server and part of my job is to watch the url links that get posted in the main rooms since they are supposed to be all ages rooms. and i cant figure out a way to leave the url catcher on yet not have the pop up jump at me on every single url that gets given.
> Is there a way to still catch urls to the url list and not have the popup show AND not have them open on me with?

now as per the second part of my question(s). i want to have sounds enabled. currently the options are set to have sound files play, except for on flash, which I'm cool with. However even with the check boxes under beep on message unchecked, with individual channels set to beeping:default, when Mirc is minimized and/or not not in focus i am constantly getting beeped.
> HTF do i the beeping without completely turning sounds off?

----
Aloriia

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
1) A script will be required for what you're wanting there, so that the URL's are caught, but not shown/open to you. I will work on this, but it may take a bit to write and test.

2)
a) Presuming that you have the switchbar active, right click on the channel name in the switchbar and select Beeping - Off
b) Check your settings in
mIRC Options - Sounds - On Event, play sound:
Use internal beep
and
Navigation clicks

It sounds (pardon the pun) that one or more of those is set contrary to what you want.

A
Aloriia Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
A
1) i had it setup for a few moments for the url catcher but then my pc went and bluescreened on me and i cant figure out how i did it.

2) i currently only have event: kick and event: DCC chat with sound associated. none of the check boxes except enable sound are actually checked off

Link Copied to Clipboard