mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#197492 07/04/08 07:19 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
hi, im quite new to mIRC and im seem to be having a problem where whenever someone starts their post with a number it is deleted and the text that follows changes colour for example: if someone wrote 12345 hello it would show as: 2345 hello in a another colour. yet if any other type of character (a letter, -, : etc..) is first, the entire thing is fine. im assuming that this is a script error. can anyone please help me?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
this definetely sounds like a script error, but in order to help you much further you'll need to figure out which script is causing the problem, then post the script so that we can look at it. Since it happens when someone else posts, you're looking for a script with an ON TEXT event, and (probably) a wildcard (*) matchtext entry. If this happens in both channels and pm/queries, then the location is also probably going to be wildcarded (*), rather than channel specific (# or #channel) or pm specific (?)

Hopefully this is sufficient for you to be able to determine which script is causing the problem. If not, then I suggest that you unload all of your scripts, then re-load them one at a time until the problem reoccurs. It will be the last script that you loaded that is causing the problem.

RusselB #197498 07/04/08 08:23 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
i unloaded all of my scripts. then then error occured on the first script i loaded. so it must be in here somewhere although i have no idea where. any help would be greatly appreiciated. sorry there is a lot. i dont know where to start.

[snipped]

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
You have a mess of a script there, some of which would never run properly due to the fact that the events are identical and mIRC will only execute the first matching event. I'll go through the code and fix it up as best as I can and re-post it later.

Additionally, in the future, please use the Code Tag button (looks like the # character) above this section when posting code.

A further note after looking at your code some more. This code works with at least one more and/or a set of aliases, as the code uses identifiers that are not part of mIRC, therefore they are custom identifiers and need aliases to return correct information.

I'll look at this some more when I get home from work.

Last edited by RusselB; 07/04/08 08:40 AM.
RusselB #197500 07/04/08 08:33 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
thank you very much.

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
at a first glance i couldn't see what i expected to, color code + single digit prefixing some arbitrary text. for example, ^k4 $+ $1- where ^k is a color code (ctrl+k) in an attempt to color $1- red. problem here is that if $1- begins with a digit it will be considered as part of the color, since the next 2 digits after ^k are part of the color definition. make sure wherever in your script you have ctrl+k with a single digit after it and you try to attach it to non-static text (where you can't estimate the result), add a leading 0 to the number. eg: ^k4 $+ $1- becomes ^k04 $+ $1-

looks like $clr1 etc. might have this problem, so try updating those aliases

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
jaytea #197524 08/04/08 10:12 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
thank you jaytea, throwing a 0 infront of the  on the line seems to have rectified the problem. thanks again.

#on 0 $+ $color(text) $+ $1-

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That will not always work. If you have a color from 10-15, it will fail again. Use this:

$+ $base($color(text),10,10,2) $+ $1-

That will always give you the right color.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

That will work as long as the color index 0-9. You should instead use the .dd property on the $color identifier.

#on  $+ $color(text).dd $+ $1-

RoCk #197533 08/04/08 12:23 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Heh, that too. wink

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard