mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#197030 27/03/08 01:19 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Not the normal type of not responding, as in the windows error. My problem is as follows,

Connect to a server. (which i know works, because i'm connected to it on another computer)
It auto joins the network channel. (which i don't want it to do, but thats not the issue either)
When it comes to talking there, i type, hit enter, it displays on my screen, but doesnt come up in the channel. All chat from the channel shows up on both computers. I tried voicing it, nothing. Does exactly the same!

Also its suddenly not responding to /join or /part, it won't whois anyone either. It just died!

Another thing i've just noticed is that, it is only showing up half of the users modes in the network channel. (Eg, Channel owners (~) not showing up, but are showing up on my other computer.

I have unloaded all scripts and aliases, just incase i had something that was interfeering with standard commands etc. Still nothing! Have also closed an re-opened mIRC, and restarted my computer. All with the same result.

Please help mee! frown

edit: and just to add to the annoyance, now my main computer is doing it aswell!

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 27/03/08 01:32 PM.
TTSpazmo #197039 27/03/08 01:47 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sounds like you may have been shunned if the network supports that.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
TTSpazmo #197049 27/03/08 03:06 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Its a thought, but i'm an ircop on the server. So i doubt it, but i'll get the owner to check that.

Thanks smile

edit: ye, i think it might be that. We just delinked our server from another one, we think the owner of the linked server might've done it just before. I'll update you when he checks it.
Also, i just went on another network and it all worked fine, so, signs are pointing to that aswell.

Thanks again smile

edit2: Yes, i was shunned mad Has been sorted now and normal service is resumed! smile
Thanks for the heads up, has helped smile

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 27/03/08 04:49 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard