mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#196107 09/03/08 10:22 PM
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok, this is a *possible* bug. It's related only to specific mice and/or mouse drivers, but it only affects mIRC, so I'm going to post it here in case it is an actual mIRC bug.

I just got a new mouse (Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000) and suddenly I can't scroll very easily in mIRC's channel/query windows using the mouse wheel. If I try scrolling slowly, I can spin that wheel forever without the scrollbar moving, but if I scroll quickly, it works. And it works normally in the Scripts Editor. Again, this only affects mIRC and only the channel/query windows. I'm assuming mIRC handles the scrolling in some custom way rather than using the standard Windows scrolling considering it only affects mIRC.

Now, I'm wondering if this might be related to the mouse having being high resolution (1000 dpi). Maybe mIRC's scroll control is older and just doesn't handle higher resolution mice?

Anyhow, like I said, this may not be a mIRC bug at all. But because it's the only program affected, I thought I'd post it just in case it is.

Btw, I have tried adjusting vertical scroll speed and tried with that speed boost thing, whatever it's called, turned on and off. It doesn't change anything as far as being able to scroll normally in mIRC's channel/query windows.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks I think I've found the cause of this issue, as you say it relates to high resolution mice that differentiate between slow and fast scrolling. This should be fixed in the next version.

N
N0S Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
N
I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser 8000 and I can confirm this issue. Can you tell me when the new version of mirc will be out ? I found this bug very boring.

Last edited by N0S; 27/03/08 03:15 AM.
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
There is never a release date given in advance. You'll have to be patient.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard