mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kdob Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
Yesterday I installed a Linksys 10/100 etherfast PCI adapter card in my computer to connect to my dsl modem. Before I had an on-board ethernet which I used without any problems over the last few years. Now when I start to receive a DCC file I get a message saying Mirc has to close and then I get the Windows message asking if I want to send data to Microsoft. Any ideas? I could switch back over to the on-board one, but the linksys gives me a faster connection. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your ethernet adapter should not give you a faster connection unless you have a speed over 10mbit and the onboard isn't 10/100. And unless your computer is really old, it should be 10/100.

As far as your problem, it's going to be in your router settings. Check to make sure it's not set up to block ports that you are using or IRC in general.

Btw, Linksys isn't that good of a brand of router, imo. If you search these forums, you'll find all kinds of problems people have with various things working in mIRC. Other brands tend not to have the same problems. That's just my opinion, of course.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard