Print Thread
#195812 02/03/08 08:55 PM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Everytime i open mIRC it minimizes
When i double click the icon at the bottom to open it, it opens for 2 seconds then minimizes again. Window won't stay up long enough for me to even say hi
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, won't work :x
Can someone please help me? :[

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
someone please help me, i really want to use mIRC :[

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Regretfully the only thing that I can think of that would cause this is a script, however, in order to disable or remove the script you need to be able to keep mIRC in a mode other than minimized long enough to type the commands.. and 2 seconds just isn't long enough, unless you're a very fast typist.

Further thought, have you tried doing a fresh install into a new directory. ie: a directory other than the one that you've been using? DO NOT copy any files from the old directory to the new one.

This should enable you to open mIRC using the new installation, then you can check your scripts one at a time until you find the one that's causing the problem.

Last edited by RusselB; 04/03/08 12:18 AM.
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
i dunno why, but i don't think it has anything to do with the script

today when i opened my laptop, a different window poped up for like a second or two. It said 'Hide.win' which i have no idea what it is.
since AIM window was up and a little part of the hide.win window froze in aim window for a bit, i saw that mIRC was in Hide.win

wonder if this helps :x

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Sounds like you've got a program running in background, either intentionally and you've forgotten about it, or not intentionally, which hides the windows that are opened on the desktop (personally this sounds like it might be similar to a virus).

I recommend you check your system for viruses, trojans, etc., and double check the programs that are running in background through Task Manager, and ensure that you know what each program does.

Link Copied to Clipboard