LeNaN Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
L
Hello How are all here!
I am trying to connect any Dalnet server, but I am getting this message:
'Unable to resolve server'
When I try to connect with dial up connection, it works fine and connected. But now I am using Internet through LAN. I dont know what and where the problem exists. Can anybody help me regarding it?
Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your router or firewall may be blocking the port(s) you are trying to connect on.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
I am now having a similar issue with FEF.net. I have tried all the "tricks" and nothing works. I have even asked ops from other channels and they can't get in either. However, some of my friends have no problem getting in, and our group's Java chat client also gets in. It seems that the people from the UK have no trouble. I have re-checked my firewall, and everything is as it should be. What gives?
KeithBB

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you've tried everything, there's not much else we can help you with. The sticky about not being able to connect is still the best help you'll find... especially when you don't give us any real information to narrow down your problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Sounds like the LAN is blocking outgoing connections outside port 80, which would be why a Java web (???) client would be able to connect

of course, I'm assuming that by Java client you mean "web client", because that's all the info you gave.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard