#195758 01/03/08 02:41 PM
L
Loul00 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Hello,
I'm in a very awkward situation.My av just won't let me install the latest verion of mIRC ! The download is scanned and I receive the following message:

Last infection: software-files.download.com
Infected by: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.63

I can finish downloading but the installer won't run (It doesn't even have the mIRC icon on it...)

It's a false positive but what can I do ?
Thank you.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
First off, ensure that you downloaded from here as other locations have been known to be infected with viruses, spyware, adware, etc.

Secondly, check your anti-virus program for a location that allows exceptions...the actual wording may vary.

I'm not familiar with that particular program so I can't tell you exactly where you'll find it, but there should be a location. If there isn't, then I would recommend using a different anti-virus program.

L
Loul00 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Thanks for your reply and my apologies for the delay but I lost the connection at home for two full days !!!!
AVK 2007 combines Kasperski and Avast scan engines and it works perfectly most of the time.So nothing to worry about on this side.I found the function to set exceptions but it didn't work (I used the terms "mIRC and "mIRC631.exe" with no effect).
It's uncomprehensible.
This is my av page report for mIRC:
http://www.antiviruslab.com/description.php?virus=1305155&lang=gb
I googled "not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.631" and found out that the kasperski engine was mostly responsible:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=not-a-virus%3AClient-IRC.Win32.mIRC.631&btnG=Google+Search

Errr,Russell,do you have any idea of what's going on ?

Link Copied to Clipboard