mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Skrubz Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
OK People...I have one more request for help and I promise you will not hear from me again!! *choke*

Would someone be kind enough to write an addon script line that will send a message into the channel...from me...whenever the word 'help' is typed!?!...(I am on UnderNet)

Thanx

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You could just read this and it basically gives you everything you need and an example to boot...
/help on text

But, here:
Code:
on *:text:*help*:#: {
  msg $chan Someone typed help.
}

Note that you can remove one or both *'s around "help" if you don't want to respond when help is anywhere in the line. If you only want to respond when help is written by itself, remove both *'s. If you want to only respond if it's the first thing on the line, just remove the last *. Leave both if you want to respond no matter where it is written in a line of text.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Or...

Code:
;If the word [b]help[/b] is anywhere is in the sentence say "Someone Typed Help"

on *:text:*help*:#: msg # Someone Typed help

;If something like blahblah[b]help[/b] was typed it would say "Someone Typed Help"

on *:text:*help:#: msg # Someone Typed Help

;If something like [b]help[/b]blahblah was typed it would say "Someone Typed Help"

on *:text:help*:#: msg # Someone typed help

;If the word [b]help[/b] is typed on its own it would say "Someone Typed Help"

on *:text:help:#: msg # Someone typed help

So like Riamus said, the "*" symble will acts like the word "anything" e.g *help* = if someone typed "anything"help"anything" it will pick out the word help and send the message.

Hope I explained it well :S, if not look at /help on text and maybe Khaled can explain it better wink

-Shadow

S
Skrubz Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I did check out the mIRC help files and had a problem finding anything...but in the future I will do what u suggest...now that I know what to look for.

I really appreciate your assistance!

Thanx

S
Skrubz Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
You have also been very helpfull...thanx smile

M
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
M
What if you wanted an ON TEXT script that responded to a list of keywords ??

Could someone tell me how I go about creating a variable and using $istok if that's the right way to go about it ..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
/help $istok
Originally Posted By: Help File

$istok(text,token,C)

Note that you should consider reading the entire "page" that opens when using that /help command as it's all related and the other things on that page will help you understand this.

Code:
if ($istok(this is a list of words separated by chr32,%somevar,32)) { do this }

%somevar is what you're looking for. You can also use a var for the first part (the list of words). And you can use something other than $chr(32) [space] for separating the words ... just change the 32 at the end to the correct $chr() for the separating character.

Invision Support
M
M
Yeah thanks for that but I was already using $istok and something similar however the On TEXT didn't activate if any of the keywords were present in part of a string of text typed by the individual but only if they typed the single keyword.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You will have to loop through all words in the sentence.

Invision Support

Link Copied to Clipboard