#195573 27/02/08 05:08 PM
H
healixe Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
hey,
i manged to download Mirc on my school pc but it blocked all of the connection for servers is there anyway to get around this,
thanks
healixe

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Yes, stop connecting to the ports that they blocked.

For example, http is port 80. Connecting to a proxy on port 80 would do it.

-Neal.

H
healixe Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
erm im not very computer savvy,
how do i change port because alot of the stuff is blocked

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
What you asked won't help what you want.

For the IRCds I specialize in, they set certain port ranges for mIRC. Whereas on a java applet (which can use different port ranges), they haven't been blocked and therefore, you can bypass it.

On an Unreal IRCd network, though, I have found that both mIRC and java applet users connect to the same port. So in that case, going through a java applet won't work.

But if your school will actually support a port that mIRC can connect to, then /server network:port.

Use the colon to separate the name of the network and the port.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
For my high school, they did not block ports 6667 range, so I could java applet in high school.

For my college, that is also the same, however, for the university's wi-fi, they did block ports 6667. So I could not java applet on my laptop, only on their school computers.

But this was, of course, for networks where java users connect on different ports than mIRC users do. I can use the Efnet java applet just fine in school, since it doesn't use the port 6667 range, but in the 5,000s.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

LostShadow has failed to warn that circumventing your schools network security is most certainly against school policy and could get you into trouble, including possible suspension or expulsion. If you think your network admin won't know about it, think again.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Oh, right.

I forgot to mention something.

Originally Posted By: healixe
hey,
i manged to download Mirc on my school pc

Evidently, I only answered the 2nd half of his question. : (

Usually, I don't think there is an easy way to download something on a school computer. Many school districts use Novell.

But if implied that you successfully downloaded mIRC permanently on that computer, well then, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd delete it.

-Neal.

H
healixe Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
erm im in england,
and dont worry abotu getting into trouble if they see you on somthing you souldnt be even though everythings blocked you get asked not to or 30 mins at most lol no need to worry about expelsion.

is there just a reall simply way to get through to webchat random server? or any server because i dont think the ports will work because i cant get into control panel or my computer.
and im nto wrried about finding downalods at school its not hard lol :P

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: healixe

is there just a reall simply way to get through to webchat random server?

WebChat network?

Oh yes - that's the 1 I go to. You can go to webchat.org and click on any of the channels. But instead, erase and type in the name of the actual channel you want to join.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can only connect through ports that the network uses. If your university blocks all of those ports, the only way around is to bypass the security completely using certain methods. Per this forum's rules, we cannot teach you how to bypass security at a school or business. If you want to do so, you will have to look at other sites/forums for help.

Keep in mind that although the university may warn you, if you keep it up, they may take it to the next step. I don't think even England's universities are going to just put up with you breaking the rules over and over without doing something about it.

You do have the option of asking the university's network department if they can unblock the port(s) you need. In some cases, they may choose to. It's a long shot, but it's worth trying.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This thread should not have gone any further than, "We don't help with circumventing school/university blocks." Please remember that in future when replying to a thread on this topic.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard