Print Thread
D
dcdon Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Hi Group...

mIRC is basically programmed using a shell, and UNIX, I think.
From your experience, is Dragon Naturally Speaking being used successfully with the newer version(s) like 9.0
I script a little to add the time of post, for colors, etc

tia,
dc

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
none of that makes sense. mIRC is programmed in Windows, since it's a Windows app, meaning it likely isn't made in UNIX. Dragon Naturally Speaking has nothing to do with mIRC, IRC, programming, UNIX, shell, or any words you used in this post.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: dcdon
From your experience, is Dragon Naturally Speaking being used successfully with the newer version(s) like 9.0

We have a 9.0 version of mIRC?

D
dcdon Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm no expert on programming, but Gates has a closed sourcecode, so I doubt that mIRC is programmed in "Windows", but be that as it may, I apologize for being vague. I haven't used Dragon; that's why I wanted to know if it would work with mIRC. I do a little scripting and things like time stamping are written in UNIX. That's to be able to program a right mouse contextual menu, etc. Don't know if that is any clearer, but we'll see.

D
dcdon Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Not that I know of; I was referring to Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.0.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Originally Posted By: dcdon
I'm no expert on programming, but Gates has a closed sourcecode, so I doubt that mIRC is programmed in "Windows", but be that as it may, I apologize for being vague. I haven't used Dragon; that's why I wanted to know if it would work with mIRC. I do a little scripting and things like time stamping are written in UNIX. That's to be able to program a right mouse contextual menu, etc. Don't know if that is any clearer, but we'll see.

The problem here is that you're throwing terms around with no idea what they mean.

mIRC is coded in C and C++ and is compiled under Windows using Microsoft Visual Studio, as stated on Khaled's FAQ. That's about as "in Windows" as you can get given that Windows is an operating system and not a programming language. See also: Windows API

mIRC has nothing to do with UNIX (which is also an operating system, and not a programming language) or any UNIX shell (a command-line interface for that OS).

Finally, mIRC scripting is a unique language and also has nothing to do with UNIX. That said, mIRC's time functions are based on the C standard library time functions, which use UNIX time standard.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As to your question, you can use voice recognition software with mIRC to "type" text just like you can with pretty much any other program that allows you to enter text. If you want to program with it, that is a waste of time, however.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard