mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
#19511 20/03/05 09:54 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Perhaps a script enabled the Firewall option? You may have enabled it accidentally I guess, or someone else with access to your computer did it. Either way, type /firewall off and your problem should be solved smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#19512 20/03/05 03:47 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Options >> Connect >> Firewall select None

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
#19513 20/03/05 10:05 PM
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
Quote:
Perhaps a script enabled the Firewall option? You may have enabled it accidentally I guess, or someone else with access to your computer did it. Either way, type /firewall off and your problem should be solved smile

Regards,

i did this and now it says it is being blocked by my firewall. i know you can turn it off but last time i did that my computer got completly screwed up. it was working fine bout a week ago. are there any other ways to fix it?
thanks

#19514 20/03/05 10:09 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
now it says it is being blocked by my firewall

What is the message exactly? Chances are it's your Firewall giving you the error, mIRC doesn't mention any specific firewalls, nor does it say that a firewall for sure is blocking anything.

Make sure there are no options in your firewall config to allow IRC.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#19515 20/03/05 10:13 PM
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
heres the message

irc.zoite.net- [ Blocked by Zone Labs Security ]

i have it setup in my firewall to allow mIRC to connect on ports 6667 in and out. but it still is giving me this message.

Last edited by MechMan422; 20/03/05 10:32 PM.
#19516 20/03/05 11:11 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Please see this thread for a solution smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#19517 23/03/05 10:54 AM
C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
Hi, I recently downloaded Mirc because my clan needs a registered channel to participate in Enemy Down Counter Strike.
However, I am having problems connecting. The host I wish to use is quakenet. I have enabled irc to access the internet like all other online programs I use but still I can only connect to the server on my Dad's desktop which is ok but unconvenient.
I have disabled the windows xp firewall ages ago so i dont think that will be the problem. Can anybody suggest what is?

#19518 29/03/05 09:17 AM
O
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
O
Hi all.

Well, I am cursed with the same problem as many other people. At the beginning of my arduous technical journey I knew nothing about configuring routers, forwarding IPs, and all that jive -- and now, well, I still don't know very much, but I've done a heck of a lot to try and resolve this problem!

The specs:
-D-Link 624 router
-WinXP on SP2
-mIRC 6.16
-Cable internet

With the help of a trusted technical advisor (a.k.a my best friend), I tried to address the DCC send/chat issue through the following methods.

-We cleared the locahost info as specified at the beginning of this thread in mIRC
-We set the ports to 5001-5005 in the connect advanced options
-These ports as well as 1024-1025 and 6060 were forwarded and allowed in the router's configuration
-Ident port 133 was also forwarded/allowed

None of the above worked, so we set a DMZ for my machine, essentially bypassing the router's firewall. That failed. We then disabled the windows firewall and my virus scanner, that failed to produce any positive results as well. I'm not behind any additional firewalls or proxy servers. I am able to receive files over IRC and receive a DCC chat, but not send files or send a DCC chat. My DCC works fine on my PC, the one that is directly connected to the internet, but my laptop that receives its connection from the wireless router is suffering DCC problems.

I have only one question left: what the frilly heck is going on? Is it SP2, the router (which I heard is flawed in some way), or mIRC itself? All of the above? I'm really lost at this point.

#19519 13/05/05 05:06 AM
A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
onias, I'd check to make sure your wireless router doesn't have a built-in firewall. I had that same problem- I was opening the ports on the DSL router, but didn't realize that there was another one on my wireless network router that had to be dealt with as well.

Anyway, now I have a little problem of my own. Last night mIRC just stopped being able to connect to any server. I just keep getting the "Unable to connect to server" error over and over. I can connect just fine with x-chat and a java client, but not mIRC. I've tried getting the latest version of mIRC, but no dice. I've tried connecting to a server with the IP rather than hostname, but still no luck. The only difference that I can discern between now and yesterday, when it worked, is that my IP seems to have changed. Any ideas what could have caused this?

#19520 22/05/05 06:05 AM
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
* Connect retry #13 online.be.galaxynet.org (6666)
-
-online.be.galaxynet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-online.be.galaxynet.org- *** Checking for ident server
-
-online.be.galaxynet.org- *** Found your hostname
-
-online.be.galaxynet.org- *** No identification response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
poison drone.
-
Closing Link: _Sweet_[62.116.121.242] by ionip.nl.galaxynet.org (K-lined)
-
* Disconnected

So what am I doing wrong? confused

I'm behind a firewal from school, but use hopster to get around that. I've been using this for almost 3 months and all of a sudden I get k-lined on the main galaxynetservers. I've send them an email asking why they have k-lined me now. But I was still wondering what the Poison drone message meant, and of course if that means I need to do something against it. Any help is greatly appreciated. smile

#19521 22/05/05 01:16 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
A "drone" is generally a reference to an infection whereby your computer connects a "drone" (bot) to an IRC network which then automatically joins a specified channel, and it's controlled by the "botmaster". Once numerous people are infected there will be more drones, and they can be used to flood channels or DDoS websites/users.

If nobody were infected with trojans then the ability to DDoS would be crippled. So please not just now, but regularly in the future, check your system for viruses/trojans if you don't already and help the Internet in its struggle smile

A number of antivirus/firewall resources can be found in this thread.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
I have my WinXP firewall ON and I can now connect.

I used to get the "unable to resolve server" error message
so i went to the mIRC website and downloaded the server.ini file from the main page..

immediately after
I recieved the "unable to resolve firewall address"

To fix, under Tools->Options->Connect->Firewall
Even if you have NONE selected, change around the "Socks4" "Socks5" "Proxy" settings...I had Socks4 originally and changed to Proxy and this fixed everything. This works with the firewall on.

So in summary, select NONE and Proxy
I think the default is NONE and Socks4

Hope this helps someone

#19523 31/05/05 11:29 AM
L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
I can't connect to Gamesurge AT ALL!!! lol, i've been using gamesurge for a longtime to get scrims etc. and i cant connect, i get timeouts all the time. I CAN connect to anyother IRC server.....plz help me, smile

#19524 31/05/05 11:31 AM
L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
and i just wanna add that mentaility/Chris does a great job to help everybody w/ thier mIRC problems, grin

#19525 31/05/05 12:08 PM
D
DV8 Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
GameSurge's website:

Quote:
Netsplits a Plenty - 05/25/2005 - Posted by Cradly
We apologize for today's frequent netsplits. All of GameSurge's servers have been the target of an ongoing coordinated DDoS attack. We appreciate your patience as we work on filtering the attack and stabilizing the network.

Quote:
Netsplits Continued... - 05/27/2005 - Posted by andrew
Again, our sincere apologies for the continuing netsplits. We are again under attack by people who are trying their level best to extort whatever they can out of the network. We are working hard to try to bring this to an immediate end. Thank you for your continued patience.

#19526 08/07/05 03:26 PM
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
EVERYTIME I TRY 2 CONNECT 2 MY MIRC IT'S NOT CONNECTING I'M GETTING VERY UPSET BECAUSE I SELL CDS AND THIS WEBSITE AIN'T WORKIN FOR ME NOMORE.DO U KNOW ANY OTHERSWEBSITES OR ANYTHING?

#19527 08/07/05 03:30 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Firstly, please drop the caps, it's considered shouting and therefore rude. Try your best to observe the rules of English spelling/grammar to make it easy for everyone to understand you.

You must elaborate on your problem to get help. What has mIRC bot to do with selling CDs? What error message are you receiving? "This" website isn't working for you? What website? What has a website got to do with mIRC or selling CDs? Have you searched for "other" websites with Google? What other websites do you mean? What version of mIRC do you use? What exactly is your problem?!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#19528 08/07/05 08:36 PM
J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
hey i am a newbie to this an everytime i try and connect to any server a message comes up saying unable to reslove server. what should i do?

Last edited by jdl89; 08/07/05 08:40 PM.
#19529 21/07/05 07:59 PM
Z
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
Z
I've been having continuous temp. bans even before I connect it says that I have a ban. This only happens when I connect to Rizon. Please help?

#19530 21/07/05 08:27 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That means that the server is banning you. Read what the reason is and what it tells you to do about it. Usually, you should contact the e-mail they provide or if there isn't an e-mail provided, go to their website and check there for the contact information.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard