mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
I'll try to explain this best I can. When I was using 6.21 and older, if I had say, pmwindow1 selected (or any other window) within mirc and then had another window (firefox) active, thus making mirc the inactive window, if a new message was sent to the pm window, my taskbar/tray icon would flash, but the pm window button would not (using the standard buttons, not treebar).

Now, in 6.31, that selected pm/channel button blinks along with the taskbar button and tray icon. Is there anyway to disable this without globally turning off blinking icons? I already have that button selected, I don't really need it blinking. >_<

Last edited by Stephr0x0rs; 14/02/08 06:12 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

No, but it has been reported either as a bug report or a feature suggestion recently. You may want to search those sections for a post within the last couple of weeks on this.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That was changed in 6.30. I agree that it doesn't really make sense, but there was a reason behind it (basically just letting you know something was typed in that window since the last time you had mIRC active). If enough people requested it to be changed back, maybe it would be. Then again, maybe it wouldn't. All you can really do is ask for it in the Feature Requests forum (preferably as a reply to a thread already posted about it).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Same with raising switchbar buttons on mouseover when mIRC is not the active application, it just doesn't make sense and seems like an accident (bug?) rather than intended behavior.

~ Edit ~
I just realized that toolbar buttons behave thise way too. IMO nothing should be effected by mouseover if it's not the active application, along with the window highlighting / blinking issue. There have been a couple of threads concerning both of these issues.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: RoCk

No, but it has been reported either as a bug report or a feature suggestion recently. You may want to search those sections for a post within the last couple of weeks on this.

Saw a topic about it in bug reports, but didn't see anything (that I could find) in feature suggestions.

If I could find the exiting request thread, I'd gladly put in my 2 cents. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard