mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Tom_S Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
I'm basically using the unsupported feature ^ and haltdef to reformat text, but the problem is that I still want to use some of the features from the default mIRC text output..

In my client, I have the Timestamps with format "<hh:nn:ss tt>" enabled.. The default output looks like this:

<02:43:25 pm> <ForeverCloudX> blah blah blah

My script reformats the text to look like this:

<02:43:25 pm> (ForeverCloudX) blah blah blah

Now, other users might not want timestamps. So I had 2 options, either turn the timestamps on and off repeatedly until i figured out what in mirc.ini changed and then check that with $gettok .. or write up a dialog to enable timestamps separately from the mirc options..

I chose the former, because it is easier and less confusing for users. My feature request is to add in identifiers to check the mIRC options .. This would not only apply to timestamps, but to other options as well, such as the short joins/parts, what to show in the active window, whether to use a single query window for /msg, and whether to show user addresses.

I just think it would encourage more people to write their own text formatting scripts if it was easier to access the mirc options from within script code.

Last edited by Tom_S; 14/02/08 08:51 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Check out the very cool mIRC.ini Unleashed by Merlin.

$gettok($readini($mircini,options,n4),12,44)

~ Edit ~
Originally Posted By: Tom_S

I'm basically using the unsupported feature ^ and haltdef

Why do you say those are unsupported?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Ok, dumb question.. Are you using 'echo -t....' to echo the in-built timestamp for the window?

Link Copied to Clipboard