mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#194558 06/02/08 07:50 PM
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok, note that this is regarding having the scripts editor not set to desktop...

In the past, if you had the scripts editor in focus and alt-tabbed back and forth between another app (or a mIRC dialog), the scripts editor would stay in focus whenever you switched back to mIRC. This made it easy to test the dialogs and go back into the editor to make changes and then test and so on.

Now, the scripts editor always loses focus and you end up back on the edit line and have to click back on the scripts editor. I've ignored it for a long time, but it's really getting annoying. If I left it in focus when alt-tabbing (or just clicking another window), it should be in focus again when I come back. There's no reason why mIRC should change what is in focus. That's the same as if it changed your active window to the status window everytime you tabbed back and forth.

This isn't really a feature request as it's a request to put it back the way it was.

Yes, I could throw it on the desktop and work with it there, but that adds yet another window on my taskbar and I don't want that. I use alt-tab a lot and I don't like having more windows open that have to be tabbed through than is necessary. It also means I have to make sure to alt-tab it in the correct order to get the scripts editor back on top of mIRC's main window as I go back and forth to other apps/dialogs. Others may not mind that, but I do, which is why I don't use that option.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
theres the keep on top feature.. if thats what u ment

This is not the signature you are looking for
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Think of it this way...

I work on rather large dialogs and custom windows when making games and other scripts and they require a lot of testing. Such testing requires going back and making changes or additions. Now, keep in mind that a lot of the scripting isn't for just initialization, so you can often leave the dialog/window open while testing. Now, in previous versions of mIRC, if I left the scripts editor in focus and switched to the dialog to test it, then switched back to mIRC, I could just start typing or scroll or search or whatever in the script. Now, I have to click on the window every single time. That's what I find annoying and I see no reason for changing the focus. If anyone sees a legitimate reason to change focus on someone, I'd be interested to hear what that is.

The on top setting doesn't solve this at all. First of all, it puts it on top of all windows, which doesn't help when you're trying to still see your dialog/window. Second, it still loses focus. The only way to prevent having to click it everytime you switch to mIRC is to have it as a desktop window, which I explained previously that I don't like.

Now, if there's a reason why it should lose focus, then okay. I'll live with it. But I really don't see any reason for the change. And if there isn't a reason, then I think it should go back to how it was.

Invision Support
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
oh... i remember now.. the old style.. and which game were u planning on making? lol

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
That's not funny, it's just a regular question. lol

Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ignoring your sarcasm, I'm making a themeable Monopoly game that is over half done. I also have Scattergories completed other than a bug I can't seem to sort out with DCX's richtext.

Invision Support
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
what u need help with on DCX

Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
It's something I've worked with with them. I'll figure out any issues with them about it. It may even be fine in the most recent release as I haven't tried it.

Invision Support
T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
I find it quiet annoying also...

Many times ive alt+tabbed back, to be typing in the editbox... Just dosnt make sence, Would love to see this added/fixed.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)

Link Copied to Clipboard