mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#194384 03/02/08 01:24 PM
O
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
O
Well i was playing around with picwins the other day, making a game, and tried to use transparent PNG's. Of course, this didnt work. I think it would greatly improve the uses of picwins if transparent PNG's were supported. and, indeed i think it would make picwins even better if there was a transparency parameter in the picwin commands.

for example:

Syntax:

Code:
/drawrect -ihnrfecda @ <color> [<transparency percentage>] <size> <x y w h> [<x y w h>...]

(-a is transparency switch)

Code:
/drawrect -fa @test 4 50 2 0 0 50 50

This would draw a filled red square 50px by 50px in window @test at point 0 0 with 50% transparency and size 2.

Code:
/drawtext -a @test 6 70 arial 12 0 0 This is some transparent text!

This would write This is some transparent text! in purple at 0 0 on window @test with 70% transparency and in arial size 12.

I think this could make picwins much more useable, since u could layer images etc. you could create realistic light and such.

Transparent PNG's are used alot now in the graphics world, and making mirc support them would also greatly improve the usage of picwins.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If added it be nice,

Whats more important to me is alpha transparency support on PNG is supported in general rather then manually setting the transparency on the whole image.

$maybe
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
transparent pix would be nice, but creating trans text is easy, just create an formula for it.. i have one that gets 50% trans... i might be able to modify it..

and u can set transparency.. only to single parts of images, but then thats where superior picwin skills come in.. and if you look at some of these games from picwin.tk, they have some pretty realistic lighting effects

Last edited by foshizzle; 04/02/08 03:45 PM.

This is not the signature you are looking for
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
transparency is not alpha-transparency.

The -i switch is brilliant to fake see through, but its still not the same.

$maybe
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
yes, but i dont really like the -i switch

and, if it was alpha transparency, it would be 0-255 lol

Last edited by foshizzle; 05/02/08 12:19 AM.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The fact he wanted 50% already makes it alpha-transparency (translucency) , transparency is either full (0%/0) or see trough (100%/255). Whether you specify it in percentile or as a numeric range doesn't matter.

$maybe
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
i know, but if u really wanted tranparecy to go along with rgb format(mIRCs color style) u use 0-255
so like $rgba(255,255,255,255) is pure opaque white

Last edited by foshizzle; 05/02/08 08:49 PM.

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I just wanted to say this would be a GREAT thing to implement. I've been toying around with picwins and being able to get translucency would ROCK.

Yar
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
its not necissary.. just create your own method... because it would prob. screw up the scripts

Link Copied to Clipboard