mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
please although i am in one room i cant join any channels every time i am trying to join other channels tell me that :
you have joined many channels ( too many channels are open )

while ma friend beside me is joining from his laptop and joining without problems in more than one channels so is there any thing i should set or edit in my pc settings ?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
try change server, and try again.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
we were on the same server also and in that server is ma own rooms i should join them

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
some servers have limit on how many channels you can join, and if you get a message that tells you that you are on to many, then all you can is:

1: try join all channels on another server.

2: part some channels to be able to join others.

If you friend can join the channels, and you are on the same server , then you can join the same amount of channels that he can.. type:

//echo -a -> I'm on: $chan(0) channels <- and see what you get for answer, then ask ur friend to do the same.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
G
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
G
If you were on the same server, and your friend joined first. He might have covered the limit, as you two might have been seen as a duplicated client.

Test different servers.

What net you use? If it is UnderNet, I recommend /server Zagreb.HR.Eu.UnderNet.org smile

Last edited by gomp; 02/02/08 11:49 AM.

I do not speak English. I speak Norwegian. So please bear with my poor English spelling and grammar.
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: sameh84
please although i am in one room i cant join any channels every time i am trying to join other channels tell me that :
you have joined many channels ( too many channels are open )

That doesn't look like a default server-side message. Try doing the /!remote off, then /!join channel.

You know it isn't a mIRC issue when you can try another network and join more than 1 channel.

You know it isn't a mIRC issue when you go on java applet on the same network and can join more than 1 channel.

Matter fact, scroll in your status window and look for an all-capital maxchannels=<Number>. And tell us the number. If it is 1, then it isn't a mIRC problem.

-Neal.

Link Copied to Clipboard