mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I cannot get an idle time by doing the normal /whois (nick) or the old times when we had to double /whois. I am on a private channel, formerly Court TV's channel, now changed to truTV. Is there a code or alias that I could use? I have been using mIRC for 10 years and never had this problem. Or could the management have it set to prevent the idle time of chatters to be available. Thanks for any help you can give me. Have a great afternoon/nite.

Moobear
North Carolina USA

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
1st try doing a /!remote off, then /whois.

Is it possible that the server doesn't send you the receipient's idle?

Yes, ConferenceRoom recently invented a default mode +i to block idle time.

And then, if the server of the receipient is different than the server you're connected to - then you're going to have to /whois <Their Nick> <Their Nick>, rather than /whois <Their Nick>.

So I use my own /w alias that always solves this problem.

Neal Conroy.

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
THANK YOU so very much. The 1st try doing a /!remote off, then /whois worked Neal! I appreciate your time and your much needed help. And such a fast response is also appreciated.
Again, thanks Neal and may you have a great day!!!

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Neal, if you are still there. I did it on myself and it worked, BUT it will not work on anyone else. What should I do to get it on others? Sorry I should have checked it thoroughly before posting. Please advise. Thanks!!

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: Moobear
THANK YOU so very much. The 1st try doing a /!remote off, then /whois worked Neal! I appreciate your time and your much needed help. And such a fast response is also appreciated.
Again, thanks Neal and may you have a great day!!!

I don't think you're quite done yet. (Unless, permanently having /remote off is your solution.) This means you should look into which part of your remotes are causing it.

Anyways, raw 317 is responsible for idle time.

So in your remotes (Alt R), press Ctrl F, type in 317, then click find next, and look through all the raw 317's. And copy/paste them all here. Be sure to click the icon that says search all files in this section.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: Moobear
Neal, if you are still there. I did it on myself and it worked, BUT it will not work on anyone else. What should I do to get it on others? Sorry I should have checked it thoroughly before posting. Please advise. Thanks!!

In that, you are typing /whois <Nick> rather than /whois <Nick> <Nick>.

So I'd make a custom /whois or /w alias to /whois $$1 $$1.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Anytime you /whois <Nick> on a server, if they are on the same server as you are, then the same server know their idle time.

But if they are on a different server, than the server *you're* connected on, does not know their idle time. So you have to contact their server, by typing /whois <Nick> <Nick>.

So in your alias.

/whois /whois $$1 $$1

Then /whois nick and you will always get their idle time except for on ConferenceRoom IRCds.

But I use /w for /whois.

-Neal.

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
When I do Ctrl F, I typed in 317 and I only have up and down, no next. Also I am using 6.21 if that makes any difference Neal.
Thanks
Moobear in North Carolina

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I am only checking on the server that I am using at the time.

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Yeah, Ctrl F in Alt R. But now we established that wasn't your problem.

Basically all your 10 years you been /whois'ing people on the same server connected as you. I guess that's changed now.

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
So, are you saying there is no solution? smile Surely there is someway to check idle time on a server or is because of the version I am using. My 10 years have been sporatic for the last few due to illness Neal, so I ain't as sharp as I once was, not that I ever was too sharp. :P

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Something else I failed to tell ya, there is nothing at all in my remotes. Could that be the prob?

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
That's perfect.

Did you type /whois <Their Nick> or /whois <Their Nick> <Their Nick>?

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I did it both ways. But I apparently looked wrong, I do have Newyball in Remotes. When I loaded it with the /load etc that is where it loaded to. Should I remove that from Remotes, think it will work then? Sorry I am late in response, had supper to eat.

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
It also says on status screen 'server option for this command is not supported'. What does that mean?

L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
If typing /whois TheirNick TheirNick does not show the idle time under /!remote off, then it isn't a mIRC issue. Something might be up with the network.

M
Moobear Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Yes, it is definitely with the network, because I have no problem on other servers, but never the less I do appreciate the effort you took to help me. Thanks a bunch!!

Link Copied to Clipboard