mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
dogged Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
i used to be a member of a forum and you could click "live chat" and it would automatically open the mirc installed on your puter and take you to the forum channel. i am a member of daddy's-den a forum for fathers and the forum admin was asking about this. he wants to use irc with his forum but for the life of me and googling my fingers to the bone i cannot find info on how to set this up. at the moment he is using flashchat which really sucks and lags and kicks users. how can we replace flashchat with mIRC or any irc client? someone said add [url=irc://irc.freenode.chat/#channel][url=irc://irc.freenode.chat/#channel][url=irc://irc.freenode.chat/#channel]irc://irc.freenode.chat/#channel[/url][/url][/url] but never said where to add or what that does. any help or links or step by step tut's will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Create a hyper-link of it, i.e. &lta href="irc://irc.freenode.chat/channel">Link to IRC</a>

D
dogged Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
gonna give it a shot and hopefully will know before next week is up. thanks for the reply.

D
dogged Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
that worked thank you so much. i was able to link to one of my channels and start the mirc automatically. it was so cool and i'm pissed that it was that easy. thanks for your help!!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard