S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
hi all,
please i am facinf problem and need help about it :

i am trying to make an alias for joining room but i couldnt i should open new window for the server before i join the 2nd room and i am trying to make that in one alias like this
Code:
alias j {
  /server -m irc.servername.com 
  set -u20 %tsting $1-
  /timerj 1 20 join %tsting
}

but i cant do it cause i am getting error for join: or like this
Channel Limit Reached

so any idea about that please ?

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
If you're wanting to join a channel on the new server, then don't bother with the timer stuff, just:

Code:
alias j {
  server -m irc.servername.com -j $1-
}

Please note that most servers only allow a small number of simultaneous connections, and most channel limits are 20+.

S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
thanks its working but i joined as a guest not a member although i was a memeber with my account in the pervious room before i try the new alias

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
By "member" do you mean you are voiced? Or opped? Or just having a registered nick?

"Guest" would refer to your nick being "Guest" plus a number at the end, which happens if you try using a nick that's registered and you don't identify in time.

"Member" has no common meaning in IRC, so you'll have to be more specific on what the problem is.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
before i connect to the server it should be identify my account so i think the join commands is working before identifying ?! so any idea how to make it work after identifying ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Use a timer to join or else put the join commands after receiving a response from the nick services that says you are registered by using an on NOTICE event (might be an on SNOTICE event... I haven't tried and don't remember).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
sameh84 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
yea that i tried to use timer but it doesnt work appear like wt i wrote in the topic

Link Copied to Clipboard