Print Thread
T
tordie Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Hey folks!

Im trying to make a little script that deops and bans everyone that attempts to ban a user in my channel. My code is:

Code:
on *:BAN:#mychannel:{ mode $chan -o+b $nick $address($nick,2) | .timer 1 3 kick $chan $nick BAN PROTECTION. }

That works, but if the user is attempt to mass ban, my bot fails to ban him. How can i solve this?

Best Regards, Tordie.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
on *:BAN:#mychannel:mode # -o $nick | ban -k $chan $nick BAN PROTECTION.

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: tordie
That works, but if the user is attempt to mass ban, my bot fails to ban him. How can i solve this?

That's absolutely correct - there is no way for mIRC to know when a person "attempt"ed to mass ban. The only way mIRC will know that something happened is if that something does happen.

-Neal.

J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
Quote:
here is no way for mIRC to know when a person "attempt"ed to mass ban. The only way mIRC will know that something happened is if that something does happen.

Potentially no, but you can get scripts to mass ban. so it would be safer to protect against it jut in-case.

#Plesh on QuaKenet
Jake Randall
Need help?
#Plesh - QuakeNet
Private Message Me Here!
L
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
L
Originally Posted By: jakerandall
Quote:
here is no way for mIRC to know when a person "attempt"ed to mass ban. The only way mIRC will know that something happened is if that something does happen.

Potentially no, but you can get scripts to mass ban. so it would be safer to protect against it jut in-case.

That is what I said - you can get scripts to mass ban. In a remote event, you just need mIRC to know when to trigger, such as time of day, or when a certain something happens.

Link Copied to Clipboard