mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#192726 08/01/08 11:30 PM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Ok eveytime I run Mirc it dont remmber what channels I added and some times I have No server list! I can exit mirc and restart it and some times it right and will even auto join my channel other times its like a fresh install!

I read a post in mirc.ini file to be copyed , And also read somthing it might be a virus. Im running my CA right now to see if it fines one and also Spybot. So far nothing.

Still doing the same thing! I desided to Totaly remove Mirc! and run Regedit and remove any Mirc tags link and so on! I have only downloaded Mirc from here! So after removal Im running Virus scans and So on befor I Download a Fresh copy of Mirc

Im running Windows XP
DSL 786kbs
Linksys Router 4 port (Wired Only)

Any sugestion?

Carryion #192728 09/01/08 12:29 AM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Create a text (txt) file in your mIRC folder and name it mirc.ini, then run mIRC and start from there.

-

From versions.txt

16/08/2007 - mIRC v6.3

Changes:
20. For Vista compatibility, new installations of mIRC now save all settings in the User's "Application Data\mIRC" folder by efault.

However, if the installer or mIRC find mirc.ini in the same folder as mirc.exe they will use the mirc.exe folder for all settings. Users installing over an old version of mIRC should therefore see no change in behaviour.

The installer is now also aware of administrator and standard user accounts and installs mIRC accordingly.

RoCk #192738 09/01/08 01:20 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: RoCk

Create a text (txt) file in your mIRC folder and name it mirc.ini, then run mIRC and start from there.

As a note, if you haven't changed your settings, your files may not show the .txt extension, so if you rename it to mIRC.ini, it will really be mIRC.ini.txt, which won't work. You'll know if it works because the icon will change and you'll also see the extension before renaming it. If you are still using default settings, you can go into a folder and go to the Tools > Folder Options > View, then uncheck the Hide extensions for known filetypes option. (Those instructions should work for XP and Vista... not sure about other OS versions).

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Carryion #192739 09/01/08 02:42 AM
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Ok I did a Totaly Fresh install. Befor runing I make the mirc.ini file.

Started Mirc, Guess what! No servers listed! At least when I start it evey time its like that! I can manuly add the server but I have no menus.

CA come up with no virus. Im lost. on witch files to move to get all the servers and menus back!

Carryion #193980 27/01/08 08:30 PM
G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
Hello as a new user of MIRC how do add channels ? Are there swithes that can be used ?

James M Horak
1005 Muelhause Street
Belton Texas 76513

Link Copied to Clipboard