mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
I am experiencing the same problems.

Have notice with task manager running that when I click on logo for access, mirc63.exe appears for a second only. Seems something is stopping it from running.

Was using an older version and never had any problems with access. Only has started when using mirc63.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As mentioned in previous topics regarding this, most of the time, this is caused by antivirus, antispyware, and/or firewall software. You should check to verify that it is not being blocked by such software. Note that even if it *used* to work, doesn't mean that it always will work. Anytime that software gets updated or you update mIRC, it could stop working until you change the settings again.

Also, if you rename the mIRC.exe to something that doesn't begin with "mirc", it will not work either.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
crazy thing... mine worked fine untill restart... its f''''' again and this time exe overwrite does not work :S
ps its not because of antivirus/spyware soft! scanned computer... nothing... uninstalled all programs... STILL NOTHING

Last edited by danter; 01/11/07 10:41 PM.
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
umm i uninstalled mirc (cleaned register) and now i cant install new mirc?!
"The Mirc install file appears to be damaged. Please try running the mirc installer again or download a new version"?!?!?

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Did you redownload the installer? Maybe you didn't let the download complete before you ran it.

Are you having problems with any other applications? If other programs fail to run maybe you have a virus problem.

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Yeah it definitely sounds like a virus problem. I had that happen before, you probably need to redo your computer, if not what you should do is turn off system restore in your system options, since from what I heard viruses encode themselves in the files that are used for system restore. After that run a virus scan and clean up anything that it suggests to get rid of. When you're done restart the computer, if that doesn't work then you may have to reformat your O.S., if it's a virus, it's an irc virus, I forget what channels have it, but it infects your program and from there well, everything started getting infected and will stop some programs from running as it will increase the size of the programs by a small degree and since it's not it's original size it's not recognized and it will stop running.

A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
Alot of Firewalls/Antispyware crap can block exe files from executing, its likely this, or possible of a virus, you might want to try HiJackThis, and get a log generated and post it on the Hijack site. Another thing is try uninstalling it, make sure logged in as an Administrator acct, and reinstall it. Or depending what version of Windows you are running, right click the EXE file and see if there is a RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR or go under properties and go under the compatability tab and check the admin option.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard