mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nonamepu3.png

As noted in subject, I've seen the thread for the Check Brackets bug. I'm wondering if the Find Text and Goto Line buttons aren't also supposed to still be there.

This is mIRC 6.31 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional - Service Pack 4 (5.0.2195)

Other than this bug, and the apparently happens-everywhere "Software Caused Connection Abort" bug that won't go away, mIRC is 99% stable on the mentioned OS. It never breaks anymore, unless I break it.

Note to the (anticipated) random 15 year old gamer: Ssh. smile

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What bug are you referring to? I don't see anything wrong with that image. No the find text and goto line are not supposed to be there.

Also the software caused connection abort is not an mIRC bug, it's a windows and or router and or network configuration issue.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Originally Posted By: argv0

software caused connection abort is not an mIRC bug, it's a windows and or router and or network configuration issue.

While I do agree that the error code is winsock, I never experienced this before mIRC 6.0 was released and then it happened several times an hour. After a huge discussion about it here on this forum, I ran 5.91 for 24 hours under the same conditions and didn't get disconnected one time. I then ran 6.0 again for 24 hours under the same conditions and got disconnected an average of about 8 times per hour with that error. I made a script that pinged myself every 30 seconds and the problem went away, this was before Khaled added the dead connection check. Also, there were no changes to my system before I installed 6.0 and experienced this, it was then, and still is 100% mIRC and nothing else. I pulled my hair out for days trying to figure it out before I made that script.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, I still wouldn't blame it on mIRC. Depending on what a program does on the internet, this problem will occur more or less frequently. As mIRC gets more features and changes added to it, it's more likely to trigger the problem. This doesn't change the fact that the problem isn't mIRC's fault. You can have the same problems using FTP programs and IM programs, for example... if to a lesser extent because they don't do anywhere near as much over the network as mIRC does.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
Well, the missing two buttons should not have been removed.

The connect icon swap bug can not be a "Windows Vista blahblah" bug, as I am using Windows 2000 Pro.

What you are blaming the bug on is actually a clue to fixing it, not the bug itself.

Link Copied to Clipboard