mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Kaoryi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
So, I just upgraded my mIRC client from 6.21 to 6.31, and now, the programs are idly causing my environment to stutter. Could it be a lack of optimization of code, or issues with logging?

Or is it just my system?

Edit: Yep, I was watching for a while, and it seems to stutter only when people talk, as if it is hitching while logging.

Last edited by Kaoryi; 07/12/07 08:06 AM.
K
Kaoryi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
I certainly went and fixed it on my own, since all you guys who are reading this aren't saying anything.

Solution? Downgrading.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Perhaps no one has responded because you have failed to define and possibly even quantify "stuttering" in some objective/absolute terms.

I for one have not seen any stuttering issues in 6.31.

Do you have any scripts running? DLLs? Are you testing this in a completely clean copy of mIRC?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Originally Posted By: argv0

I for one have not seen any stuttering issues in 6.31.

Ditto here.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
As others have said, you haven't really given a lot of information to go on. What OS are you using? Have you checked that your 6.31 installation doesn't have "Fast text display" enabled in mIRC Options Dialog > Display > Options? Are your logging/display settings any different between 6.21 and 6.31 which might help track down the problem?

With apparently nobody else experiencing this problem it's pretty hard to even begin to figure out what's wrong unless you provide more information.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard