mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#191241 05/12/07 09:16 PM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
G
Some users try queuing files and in my status box it shows.
"Input line was too long"
Is the error my settings or theirs??????

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sounds like a bug in your script or else they are using lines that are too long. Remember that unless you use binary variables, commands don't allow lines over around 950 characters.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
OP Offline
G
It's only recent. I crashed and had to I reinstall Mirc and Omniserve. Not sure if the problem is mine or the other user.

Any idea where to look in the script??????

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd recommend checking on Omenserv's forum. They will know what's in their script better than many people here. Some here may use that script and may no what it does, but everyone on their forum will probably use it, so it's a better place to find the help, imo.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Is that the complete error message or does it give a line number or anything?

You might have to shorten your file names, that is the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

~ Edit ~
The file name being requested must be pretty damn long since the length limit for this routine seems to be 875 characters.

G
OP Offline
G
Yes, the only message in the status box is "Input line was too long."
how many characters are allowed in a get line??? I've never had that problem before I reinstalled the programs. Was using same version of MIRC and Omniserve for months before crash.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Well it seems to be an error reply from the server, on UnderNet it was raw 417.

<- :<server> 417 RoCk- :Input line was too long

I made that error by typing on a channel //say $str(t,492)

492 characters caused the error, 491 characters did not. It may be even less on your network. When someone requests a file from you, OmenServe sends a confirmation notice, in that notice is the file name, the queue position and other information and a lot of color codes. All of that information plus a long file name could be exceeding the servers message length limit. Also it could be your skin, if you have added a long message before your main advert, and maybe before and after random play messages in the skin section (F2 > Skins) of OmenServe options, this could be causing the error too. Either way, it's not a bug in mIRC or OmenServe.

~ Edit ~
I don't think most servers even send an error reply, they just truncate the message. I've never even seen this on UnderNet before, it must be new or I've just never exceeded the limit.

G
OP Offline
G
here is a sample of my status messages:

[14:19] • OmenServe v2.71 • lovestunes Search Result • 6 Matches For jimmy durante • Copy And Paste !gene_0515 FILENAME To The Channel To Request. (8/9) Free Slots, 0 Queued • OmenServe v2.71 •
[14:19] • OmenServe v2.71 • lovestunes !gene_0515 Al Jolson & Jimmy Durante - Real Piano Player.mp3 ::INFO:: 3.12Mb 3m20s 128/44.10/JS • OmenServe v2.71 •
Input line was too long
Input line was too long
Input line was too long
Input line was too long

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Originally Posted By: RoCk

...OmenServe sends a confirmation notice, in that notice is the file name, the queue position and other information and a lot of color codes....

/me takes the middle road, and only indirectly trolls that.

Color codes, in server-to-client chatter. Kids.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanx,
Ran debug and found it was my advert was too long

Gene smile

Link Copied to Clipboard