Print Thread
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
hi guys
tx for this great software..
i was just wondering is it possible to schedule download in mirc, like i want to download at specific time.. as you know nowadays their is peak and offpeak bandwidths..
if yes then please tell me.. thank you.. i cant fidn it anywhere..this is my last hope in this forum..

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
In theory, you could do this by setting 'absolute times' in timer commands, e.g.:

/timer 16:30 1 1 -Command to start some Download-
/timerDownloadStop 20:00 1 1 -Command to stop all Downloads-

The syntax of the timer command is:
Quote:
/timer[N/name] [-cdeomhipr] [time] <repetitions> <interval> <command>
For further details, check the helpfile for /timer

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Keep in mind a few things...

* If you're downloading from people in mIRC, they are likely to be using different scripts with different commands, so you would have to program something to figure out the correct commands for each person.

* Most people out there who share files of any sort do not want people using scripts to automate the process to connect and download files. If you are caught doing so, you may just find yourself permanently banned from getting files from that person or even the channel.

* Downloading files in mIRC is not the best way to get files and tends to be noticeably slower than using other methods.

* Most people downloading files in mIRC are downloading illegal files and that's a good way to get yourself into trouble.

Beyond that, a script *could* be made, but would be a bit complicated to avoid the issues in the first point I made.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Tx for reply guys, appreciate it and tx for advice.. cheers

just one more question
its been pain to get something from mirc, bots always get offline or disappear and i wasted my quota and time..
is their anyway such as when bots come online again automaticaly request the packet again so it start downloading auto..
thank you

Last edited by playerofdeath; 04/12/07 03:35 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The answer to that is the same as the answer I gave above with the same reasons.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Originally Posted By: playerofdeath
Tx for reply guys, appreciate it and tx for advice.. cheers

just one more question
its been pain to get something from mirc, bots always get offline or disappear and i wasted my quota and time..
is their anyway such as when bots come online again automaticaly request the packet again so it start downloading auto..
thank you

yea you can make a script for that just have it remember the nick you chose to download from and then make an "on join" event so that when the bot comes in it gets the same file..for all that you might need to set some variables, you also need to make it so that in case it fails to get the file to set a timer to try again as for the guy that says stuff about different commands and such this is not the case...bots dont change their nick wink so its all good.

Link Copied to Clipboard