Print Thread
#191244 05/12/07 09:52 PM
Y
yuweiii Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Y
I am making a game, which is nearly done. I've yet to add a function which allow turns and only people who had joined to play.

So i am wondering if making groups when someone types something like perhaps !join? Then start the game when the gamestarter says !startgame. If that is possible, may i know which section of mirc help i can look into?

Thanks for helping in advance. smile

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
/help ON TEXT. You may also find the sections on Tokens interesting.

B
Babel fish
Babel fish
B
Code:
if ($1 == !join) && ($2) { .set %player $addtok($2,%player,32) | .msg # $2 thanks and get ready! }
if ($1 == !startgames) { .start_now }

Y
yuweiii Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Y
Haha, thanks for helping. Will be trying out the commands. Thank you for helping again!

X
Babel fish
Babel fish
X
Another way of doing this is through the userlist, though, that is very uncomfortable to 'new' people. (I don't know how experienced you are.)

Check these commands: /auser, /guser, /ruser

Last edited by XTZGZoReX; 06/12/07 08:22 AM.

GamerzWoW
The Official GamerzPlanet WoW Server
T
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
T
I used hash tables for a similar type of thing, and also used tokens. So I had Player names, player numbers, scores, and other Info.

Try /help hash tables
&
/help token identifiers

Also, it took me a little while to work out how hash tables worked, I dont know how experianced you are with mIRC scripting. So you might find a different method is easier to use.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: TTSpazmo
I used hash tables for a similar type of thing, and also used tokens. So I had Player names, player numbers, scores, and other Info.

Yes, this is how all games I've done handle these things. It tends to work better and you can set up a custom identifier to pull the information you want from the hash table. Such as $score($nick) that will return something like $hget(Game,Nick.Score) or whatever.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard