mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#190961 29/11/07 03:52 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I only just noticed this happening on my mIRC (v6.3) and i recently put a new skin theme on my desktop (OS: XP Pro SP2 [i think :P]) which uses 'windows blinds' and now, when i'm on my usual irc server, and i click onto/off of the network channel (by clicking its little channel button) my mIRC flickers and then shrinks by about the height of the text input box.

This is strange, not only because it's only just started happening, but the fact that it ONLY does it on that channel. As soon as i minimize (to the tray) and then restore it, its back at normal size again, but will then start shrinking line by line again whenever i click on the network channel.
I have tried parting the channel, and then clicking the icon that is now in the place that the network channel was in previously, and nothing happens, i rejoined the network channel and it started again, only on that channel!
I then tried joining the same channel on a different server, and that didn't do it either.

It could possibly be being caused by 'windows blinds' as that is the only thing that has changed on my comp since i installed mIRC 6.3.

Edit: Infact, i just unloaded 'windows blinds' and now it doesnt do it, but now i dont have a nice desktop :'(
Edit 2: I just reloaded 'windows blinds' and now it does do it o.0 even more strange. I'll see if it does it just after start-up. but that wont be yet, i only turn my comp off if i reallly have to! and being as its going ok atm, i dont have to! lol.

Any info on it would still be welcome though!

I hope i've provided enough info on it for you all, lol.
Wondered if anyone else has had this problem and/or knows of a fix for it?

=/

Last edited by TTSpazmo; 29/11/07 04:07 PM.
TTSpazmo #190965 29/11/07 06:16 PM
I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
I've reported something like before, actually, except I wasn't even using Windows Blinds or anything of that sort at the time; I simply used the default Windows settings (however, I was using v6.31 and not v6.3--the problem was noticably absent with the default settings in v6.3). The problem supposedly relates to use of Unicode in titlebars. If this is the same problem I'm having, the faint shine around the text (which is rendered as a shadow in the XP style) should also disappear.

~ Iggy Koopa
TTSpazmo #191012 30/11/07 04:14 PM
T
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
ahhh, i see, i just copied the topic from the channel, into another channel that wasnt doing it, and straight away that was is doing it aswell. just gunna fiddle around and find out which letter/char it is doing it, then i'll harrass the channel owners to change it wink

Thanks for the info!

Link Copied to Clipboard