Print Thread
#190426 20/11/07 09:57 PM
P
PCZero Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
since installing the latest version of mIRC I have noticed two new 'features' that are actually a tad annoying. Perhaps they were already there and I had them disabled before, but I dont see how to turn them off again if so.

1) When I kick/ban someone from one of my channels, a timer is activated, the ban is issued, a few seconds later the timer is halted, then the user is kicked. Used to just plain ban and kick the user w/o any timers. How do I turn off the auto activated timer?

2) In the channel I have the HH:MM prefix on each entry a user makes to the channel discussion. next is the users nick within <>, then the comment. Now all OPs ahve the OP designator in the nick so that user fred might have a line like this...

[15:40] <Fred> Hello World!

And if fred were an OP a line like this...

[15:40] <@Fred> Now I am an OP.

Previoulsy it did not show the @ even if Fred had OP. How do I set it so that it does not display the @ in the channel conversation?

Thanks...

PCZero #190427 20/11/07 10:01 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

1) This must be the result of a script you have loaded because mIRC doesn't do anything of the sort.

2) options (alt+o) > irc > de-select Show mode prefix

3) options (alt+o) > irc > messages > de-select Timestamp events

~ Edit ~
They're not new features by a long shot.

1) If you're using the nick list menu to ban when this happens, the default nick list menu script has...

.Ban, Kick:/ban $$1 2 | /timer 1 3 /kick # $$1
.Ban, Kick (why):/ban $$1 2 | /timer 1 3 /kick # $$1 $$?="Reason:"

... but those have always been there. If you don't want to see the activated timers, replace / with .

or you can replace them with...

.Ban, Kick:ban -k # $$1 2
.Ban, Kick (why):ban -k # $$1 2 $$?="Reason:"

RoCk #190459 21/11/07 06:05 AM
P
PCZero Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I have no scripts loaded at all. I hate those lamer things. Just stuff for the kewl Skript Kiddiez to show how l33t they are.

RoCk #190460 21/11/07 06:07 AM
P
PCZero Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Thanks the mdoe prefix is exactly what I was looking for. must have had the unchecked in all my previous installs.

Link Copied to Clipboard