#189250 05/11/07 04:32 AM
K
Khoi Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
I always leave my computer on.

I sometimes check back on the main server window to read the message of the day and whatnot. Upon doing so, I saw that I get this message every so often:
MPCVID Unknown command

I get off my computer for a pretty long period time and don't get back on until the evening. I see about three or four of these when I get home.

MPCVID Unknown command

Any ideas?

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
You are running some sort of script which is broken.

You need to search through your scripts to find the reference to 'MPCVID' and figure out what it's supposed to be doing.

That being said, it's broken and you haven't noticed anything missing, so it shouldn't be an issue to remove the code.

ALT-R to get into your remotes. Go through the files listed under the 'View' menu, use the 'Find' function.

K
Khoi Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Alright, well, I was unable to find the broken script that caused the error so I decided to just reinstall IRC. I did a clean reinstall, deleting any and all files. It didn't bother me since I had v6.30 so it'd be a good time to upgrade to v6.31 anyways.

That being said, I did a clean installation of the new IRC, v6.31, and I still get the message:
MPCVID Unknown command

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for your time.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Where did you get the installation file from? If it wasn't here then it sounds like you downloaded a copy that has a built-in script or has been hacked to include the coding requiring MPCVID.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is to recommend that you do a fresh install to a different directory, one that's never been used before and try it from there. Note: doing this method requires a new installation, not update.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
The MPCVID command appears to be related to a Media Player Classic script/plugin, presumably a "Now playing" sort-of-thing, so if you're using that it may be a good place to look.

K
Khoi Offline OP
OP Offline
K
That was it, Collective. Thanks a lot!

Link Copied to Clipboard