mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hello. I currently receive the following message when trying to connect to mIRC. I have run thorough virus tests and haven't downloaded anything suspicious. mIRC worked fine for weeks before the past few days, and often after a few hours I am able to connect normally, before being G-Lined again. Does anybody know what this message means? It's very frustrating. frown

You are infected with a trojan, please clean your PC (ID: 378).
-
[15:20] Closing Link: Mobius- by servercentral.il.us.quakenet.org (G-lined)

T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
It's either a network problem (unlikely), or you're infected with one of those "mIRC worms/viruses".

Check your scripts editor for any loaded scripts that you didn't write, and scripts with weird and unlikely names, such as ".", or scripts with no extension (ie, no .mrc or .ini appended to the name)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This may be that YOU have a virus/trojan (as mentioned, check your scripts for anything that you don't recognize), or that someone else has a trojan who is on the same host as you. The g-line may be on your entire ISP, or a section of IPs from your ISP, and you may be caught in the crossfire. You can always contact the network from their website and ask them about the issue.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Well I have run numerous virus scans etc and that doesn't seem to be the problem. Like I said it can be fine for a few hours and then I'll get disconnected, and then the constant G-Line message will appear.

I'm using a 'web n walk' connection which means I'm not on a network, but my USB modem uses a phone signal to connect to the internet. Could that have something to do with it? mIRC has been fine for weeks though, and only in the past few days has this error appeared. frown

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's possible. As far as it working before, a g-line could be manually done, so perhaps they just noticed. Your best option, as mentioned, is to contact the network.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard