Print Thread
D
deOmega Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
It seems that one is able to do almost anything with MIRC, hence this question:

Is it possible to set a different font size and/or color for Timestamps? That is, different from the Nick or the Message text.

Either solution would be greatly appreciated, but I would like the Timestamps to be not as obvious as the Message, though I need it there for reference.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Only thing I can think of would require using a scripted timestamp rather than the one that's built in, and since it appears to me that you want this on the screen, I think you'd also have to hide the actual channel window and have the information relayed to a custom window.

In addition, I think the best you'd be able to come up with, is a different colour for the timestamp.

D
deOmega Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Thanks RusselB, but does not quite sound like what I want to try.

Hmmm. I use a multi-protocol messenger program called Miranda. Extremely customizable... allows you to even customize the colon in a message. LOL.
So anyway, seeing that I am discovering that MIRC offers a lot more than I thought, I assumed there may have been a way that I overlooked.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Please note that this is only what I was able to think of.
There have been a number of times when there's been an easier way of doing something and I just didn't know how to do it, as I'd never used those commands.

Give it a few days for other helpers to look at the topic and have a chance to post their ideas.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
There's no easy way to change the font of the timestamp. You can use colouring though with the /timestamp -f timestamp-format-here command, using control codes within the format just as you'd use them in a message.

Unfortunately mIRC won't store the control codes so you need a simple script to put them back in each time mIRC starts (this code would go in the Remotes section of the script editor):
Code:
on *:start:timestamp -f timestamp-format-here

For example if you wanted the timestamp to always be red and use the [HH:nn:ss] format, you'd use:
Code:
on *:start:timestamp -f 04[HH:nn:ss]

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
D
deOmega Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
THANK YOU! Excuse my ignorance, is there a key for the different colors? I am assuming that the color is the L04?
Changing the color alone would definitely be good enough.

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
If you press Ctrl+k (which creates the  char) a color index dialog should appear.
Additionally /help Control Codes

Always use double digit color codes (00, 04, etc) for colors 0-9 or you'll run into problems if the text begins with a number.

D
deOmega Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
LOL< VALUABLE information again. Simply valuable.

Link Copied to Clipboard