Print Thread
#188094 17/10/07 07:27 PM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Greetings,
I have found this error for the first time. I have been using mIRC for years. The error is: AppName: mirc.exe AppVer: 6.21.0.0 ModName: in_linein.dll This is an error caught by Win XP error handler. Now I looked first to see if the dll file mentioned was causing the problem and i see its not part of mIRC and after checking its a plugin addon for WinAmp. I use Winamp and its pluging for shoutcast broadcast to my unix shoutcast server. thats the only plugin I use on Winamp.

I did s search here and didnt see the file in_linein.dll listed anywhere so is this a new issue? after I started getting this startup failure on this machine I even upgraded to the newest mIRC version and still get this problem. But since thats not an mIRC file at all it has to be the problem. With this problem you cant even launch mIRC it fails as soon as the startup window opens. I did have winamp and is broadcast plugin and a copy of mIRC on the same machine before, But never received an error pointing to a winamp helper app.

Also the dll file is not currently loaded in memory but still get that error.

Got any idea what mIRC may be trying to do that conflicts with this dll file?

Thanks in advance,

Sysop100 shocked

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Very interesting,

As soon as i renamed in_linein.dll that file in the WinAmp\Plugin folder that is causing the problem to in_linein.bak all is back to normal and mIRC starts up normal again. That was my hunch and I was right. That also proves the file was not ever in use if i had no problem renaming it. So now you guys the guestion is why would mIRC when started would hit that file in the WinAmp subfolder that has nothing to do with mIRC? Something in mIRC is causing a pointer to that file.

I have not checked yet but I am sure my WinAmp plugin will fail with that dll file missing lol

Sysop100

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
well you answer your own question... you have a winamp plugin for mIRC which is causing it

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
"mIRC" is not pointing to the file, the winamp script you must be running is.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard