mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
I'm not entirely sure if this should be a feature request. Somebody please correct me if there is a way to do this already. Anyway, I was going to write a snippet that didn't change the color of a channel's switchbar button if the a message came from certain nicknames. However, I found that the color of the button before the event triggered, and so for any on TEXT event $window($target).sbcolor returned the post-event color.

For example... I have checked #channel recently, so $window(#channel).sbcolor is $null. In an on TEXT event for that channel, $window(#channel).sbcolor is "message". What I was suggesting would either wait until TEXT events are done to change the sbcolor, or to have some $window .prop return the pre-event color.

I have not checked this for other events such as ACTION, NOTICE, MODE, JOIN, etc...

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
In an on ^*:TEXT:*:#: {} event, $window($chan).sbcolor is giving me $null, and in the on *:TEXT:*:#:{} event I'm getting $window($chan).sbcolor == message (or message/message when it was already coloured, and message/highlight when getting a highlight, etc.)

Is that what you were looking for, perhaps?

Sais
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
Yes, thank you. Once again, I just completely ignore the ^ event.

K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
So now i've noticed that you can't use the -g flag on /window to change the color to the event color. You can only remove the color or make it the message/highlight color.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
You can, it's just a help file omission: /window -g3

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
K
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
K
><! okay