mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#186819 26/09/07 09:32 PM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
On June the 16th I got cable w/modem & switched to vonage w/modem, I also installed a larger, (320 gig hard drive) into my pc to share more files on #karaoke-realm. I have not changed anything else. When I try To log on this is what I get: 'Unable to Resolve Server'. I have done everything suggested in the "help" section. Still Nothing??? Please help me.
Thank You for your time. Frank.

8Fozieman8 #186822 26/09/07 10:37 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most likely you have a router or firewall blocking connections and/or your ISP is. Note that certain routers/modems and firewalls can block IRC even when the ports are open. There is a separate setting to allow IRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #186928 28/09/07 06:17 PM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Riamus2, Thank you so much for tour quick and acurate response, I can now log on to #karaoke-realm. But! I can not get voiced? I was able to receive a user's guide but refused any files I attemted to Get? I also noticed that after downloading Omenserv 2.60 I still am showing V1.40 in excursion script options and it is different than the version in the guide. I truely hate to keep bugging anyone but I really want to go back to using the #karaoke-realm site. Again, thank you for your time. Frank

8Fozieman8 #186938 28/09/07 10:27 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As far as serving goes, you'll have to get the help somewhere else because we can't help with serving files as most files people serve or download are illegal. That isn't to say what you're serving is illegal, but there isn't any way for us to know for certain that what you say is the truth (no offense).

The people in the channel can help you with any voicing issues. All channels have their own rules for being voiced and we cannot control whether or not they voice you.

Also, you should go to the forums/sites for specific scripts like Omenserv as they would be able to help more than we can.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard